Hadoop, well known as Apache Hadoop, is an open-source software platform for scalable and distributed computing of large volumes of data.
It provides rapid, high performance and cost-effective analysis of structured and unstructured data generated on digital platforms and within the enterprise. It is used in almost all departments and sectors today.
Some of the instances where Hadoop is used:
• Managing traffic on streets
• Streaming processing
• Content Management and Archiving Emails
• Processing Rat Brain Neuronal Signals using a Hadoop Computing Cluster
• Fraud detection and Prevention
• Advertisements Targeting Platforms are using Hadoop to capture and analyze click stream, transaction, video and social media data
• Managing content, posts, images and videos on social media platforms
• Analyzing customer data in real-time for improving business performance
• Public sector fields such as intelligence, defense, cyber security and scientific research
• Financial agencies are using Big Data Hadoop to reduce risk, analyze fraud patterns, identify rogue traders, more precisely target their marketing campaigns based on customer segmentation, and improve customer satisfaction
• Getting access to unstructured data like output from medical devices, doctor’s notes, lab results, imaging reports, medical correspondence, clinical data, and financial data.