Teamwork suggests that people work in an atmosphere of mutual support and trust, working together cohesively, with good inter-group relations. Each other’s strengths are valued. It should also foster an increasing maturity of relationship, where people are free to disagree constructively, and where both support and challenge are a part of helping teams work.
Think for a moment about how you would define teamwork. What do you value about working in a team? Here are some thoughts and ideas which might help your thinking. For example, with real teamwork we tend to see positive attitudes and behaviours such as:
- Trust in colleagues to deliver what they promise
- Willingness to help when needed
- Sharing of a common vision of the future
- Co-operation and blending of each others’ strengths
- Positive attitudes, providing support and encouragement
- Active listening
- All members pulling their weight and in the same direction
- Giving the benefit of the doubt
- Consensus building
- Effective conflict resolution
- Open communication
I am open to have your inputs on the Teamwork topic.